Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The MMORPG New World was planned to be releasing on August 25th, but has now been postponed to next year, 2021. Amazon’s New World studio director Rick Lawrence explained that the delay was due to the fact that they wanted to add more content to the game before it’s official release date.
- This also correlates with the final beta test which will take place in spring 2021 according to their statement.
- This isn’t the first time that New World has been delayed, it was originally slated to release in May, before being pushed to August. The postponement was due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has caused a number of delays in plans for many developers.
- But that doesn’t mean there won’t be a beta in August, according to the statement Lawrence says that some players will have the chance to try out New World on August 25th. The length of the beta hasn’t been given, plus those who have signed up for beta and pre-order customers as well as Alpha testers will have a chance.
For more on this news find it here in New World Delayed To 2021.
- Developer Platinum Games has announced that the team working on Babylon’s Fall are now working from home.
- The Action-RPG Babylon’s Fall was announced back in 2018, under developer Platinum Games. It was towards the end of last year when we got to see the first trailer release, and the team hinted more news would be coming this summer.
- This week, however the studio has shared a new message which postpones news of the action game.
- The message shared by the official Babylon’s Fall twitter account shares that the game’s development will continue to be worked on from home, which is not to surprising as many studios have followed the same precautions.
- With this change in location has also caused a delay in news. The message states that “While we hoped to reveal more about the game this summer, we can share that development on Babylon’s Fall is continuing to progress well, with the team working safely from home.”
- This means we most likely won’t be getting new details on the title for the time being.
For more on this news find it here in Babylon’s Fall Development Team Now Working From Home.
- Netflix has bagged itself another animated series this time it’s Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma. Originally an RPG that debuted in 2012, Dragon’s Dogma introduced magic, party-based combat and an open-world to explore.
- But this time Dragon’s Dogma is getting an anime makeover, and will be coming to Netflix on September 17th, 2020.
- The tweet outlines the story for the series, which sounds similar to main story of the game but with a character Ethan now being the one who is trying to regain their heart. Along with the announcement are a few screenshots featuring characters from the series but not much else was given away.
- Why should we be excited for this anime? Well not only will it follow a new tale of the Arisen, it will also hopefully gain new interest for this RPG.
- This in turn may respark an interest in the underrated title and maybe it will inspire Capcom to make Dragon’s Dogma 2? But this time with mounts please Capcom.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon’s Dogma Is Getting An Animated Netflix Series.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax has announced two new dungeons will be releasing alongside Update 27 for the Elder Scrolls Online, Stone Garden and Castle Thorn coming with the Stonethorn DLC.
- The next DLC for the MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online is Stonethorn, adding two new dungeons and will launch with Update 27. New dungeons means new item sets, new collectibles, new Dark Heart of Skyrim storylines, improvements to performance, homestead character pathing for the housing editor and various fixes plus balances.
- Along with a new DLC comes Update 27, this will be a base-game patch that will include improvements, balance changes and new features for the ESO.
- Performance improvements include a continued effort by the Zenimax team to improve set abilities, fix server task messaging, introduce new critical memory management and more.
- This update will also add Character Pathing to the Player Housing system, you will be able to build paths for your house, for pets, mounts and assistants to follow.
- One new thing coming to Update 27 is group mounts, yes you will be now be able to join your fellow adventurers across Tamriel on mounts that can seat more than one person.
- Stonethorn DLC is the next game pack to be coming to ESO as part of the Dark Heart of Skyrim on PC/Mac and Stadia August 24th, on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on September 1st.
For more on this new find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Stonethorn DLC & Update 27 Announced.
Ghost of Tsushima
- This week was also the launch of the samurai game Ghost of Tsushima which got a brand new launch trailer showing of some amazing shots of the action title.
- If you’re a fan of the game don’t miss out on the the free dynamic theme which can be picked up on the Playstation 4 store for free. Twitter user by the name of Wario64 shared codes which can be used to redeem this free theme depending on your region.
- The free PS4 theme shows Jin standing in the distance with some epic Ghost of Tsushima scenery, plus plays from music from the game in the background. There are falling leaves, blowing in the wind topping off the overall effect.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima PS4 Theme Is Available For Free.
- A Cyberpunk 2077 fan has pieced together the 15 districts of the Night City’s dense layout into a world map depicting how they all fit together.
- Cyberpunk 2077 finally releases this November, and fans are now piecing together info for the upcoming action-RPG. One dedicated Redditer has taken the 15 districts of Night City and placed them together to show what the world map will look like for this open-world game.
- A Reddit user by the name Svale_Chow has sectioned the map into 6 regions, City Center, Watson, Westbrook, Heywood, Pacifica and Santo Domingo. Each has their own factions, district feel as well as purpose.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on November 19th for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. Plus PS4 and Xbox One versions will be backwards compatible with PS5 and Xbox Series X. It will also be arriving on Stadia sometime after launch.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Fan Made World Map Features Night City’s 15 Districts.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Ubisoft have released a new trailer featuring the fearless Eivor for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- In the latest trailer for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, there are number of locations shown off during the trailer and also teases the mysterious reason why Eivor takes a journey to Britain.
- The trailer also shows Eivor using his hood to stealthily reach his destination as well as his character exploring ruins. Then there is a whole sequence of battle and some viking camaraderie with some well earned mead.
- We also get a closer look at some of the enemies which include what looks to be a war chief as well as some double axe action. Previously Ubisoft has shared players can dual wield any weapon which includes shields.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on November 17th on Xbox One, PS4, PC and Google Stadia. It will also be coming to Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 in holidays 2020.
For more on this trailer find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla New Trailer Focuses On Eivor.
Remnant From The Ashes
- Remnant From the Ashes the co-op souls-like shooter surpassed 1.6 million in sales which has surprised the developer Gunfire Games.
- The co-op shooter with souls-inspired features Remnant From the Ashes released last year, bringing a mix of fast paced shoot ’em up action with its own unique elements in a dark fantasy world.
- John Pearl the director of the studio explained at the time this was their first title as an independent studio, so there was a bit of a shock for them in how well it did.
- Since the launch, Remnant From the Ashes has gotten a number of DLC packs and updates including rogue-like Survival mode and new areas added. The last DLC Subject 2923 will be releasing on August 20th. Being the last expansion, Subject 2923 comes with a significant amount of content with new areas, bosses, quests and of course more loot to gain.
- As for what’s next, well a sequel isn’t out of question as Pearl has previously said “anything’s possible”.
For more on this news find it here in Remnant From The Ashes Devs ‘Really Surprised’ By 1.6 Million In Sales.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows:
#Top #RPG #News #Week #July #19th #World #Babylons #Fall #Dragons #Dogma