Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The French publisher Focus Home Interactive has now acquired the German developer Deck13, who released the sci-fi souls-like The Surge and the sequel The Surge 2, plus Lords of the Fallen.
- Focus Home previously worked as Deck13’s publisher for the The Surge titles, and are also known for publishing Vampyr, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Greedfall as well as many others.
- Focus has now acquired the Deck13 studio which consists of 60 staff, plus their intellectual property and indie publishing which includes the Action-RPG CrossCode.
- With this new acquisition hopefully this means Deck13 can continue to bring us more souls-like smashers such as The Surge 2, and with Focus Home now backing their development lots of new opportunities.
For more on this news find it here in Focus Home Acquires The Surge Developer Deck13.
- The publisher/developer Square Enix has shared that even though there are delays due to COVID-19, there are still “several” announcements on the way in the next couple of months.
- In an interview with the Japanese website No Investment, No Life (translated by Gematsu), the company revealed it would normally make announcements of new games during E3, but was unable to organise its own event to unveil titles during the same time as E3, due to the fact “assets were not complete”. This was in response to shareholders who were asking how COVID-19 had affected operations at Square Enix.
- While they didn’t announce new titles during the usual E3 time during replacement events such as Summer of Gaming, they will still be revealing some new games in the coming months.
- Square recently revealed they were working on a remaster/extended edition of NieR Replicant along with the mobile title NieR Reincarnation. We are still yet to hear more details about either title, so hopefully we’ll be getting some more info soon.
- What titles are you hoping they will be revealing? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Square Enix To Announce “Several”Games Over July To August.
Minecraft Dungeons Jungle Awakens
- Minecraft Dungeons’ first DLC called Jungle Awakens released this week on July 1st. The DLC pack includes three new story missions, new armor, weapons and artifacts. There are also new mobs which include the Leapleaf and Whisperer.
- Those who own the Hero Edition of Minecraft Dungeons will have already recieved the new DLC. If you didn’t purchase the Hero Edition, you can now upgrade your standard copy by purchasing the Hero Pass.
- There is also the arrival of a free update Lost Temple Dungeon which will contain tweaks to the game’s balance, new items as well as pandas will be coming to Minecraft Dungeons.
- Minecraft Dungeons is available to play on Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch. You can also access the game on Xbox Game Pass. Planning on grabbing the game? Be sure to drop by our Minecraft Dungeons wiki for help.
For more on this news find it here in Minecraft Dungeons First DLC Pack Jungle Awakens Releases July 1st.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The MMORPG Elder Scrolls Online is now 60% off during the Steam Summer Sale until July 9th, meaning you can pick up the title for only $7.99. That’s a pretty good deal considering you get a ton of content including main quests, side quests, there’s also four different classes to choose from, and 23 zones to adventure through.
- This edition also includes the Morrowind Chapter meaning you can also enjoy the additional zone plus try out the Warden class as well.
- Still on the fence about starting ESO? Be sure to check out our Is It Too Late To Play Elder Scrolls Online? which has some strong points about what this game has to offer.
- Elder Scrolls Online is now available to play on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Stadia.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Is Now 60% Off On Steam.
- The developer Gato Studio has shared an early access roadmap for the party-based RPG The Waylanders.
- In the roadmap for The Waylanders Early Access, Gato has outlined further updates, these include added content, quests, early companion loyalty missions and lore. Each time content is released, it will be followed by an update set to fix any in-game bugs and also to make improvements.
- The developer is planning for The Waylanders to leave early access by early 2021, and will share more Early Access content updates this summer.
- The updates will roll out with a number of additions which include further story content, a Forge crafting system and much more.
- It looks like the developer will be adding plenty of more content for players to enjoy in the upcoming months. Currently the title has 10 to 12 hours of content, with six basic classes, a choice of 30 advanced classes and 9 companion characters to choose from, with the option for romance.
- The Waylanders is currently available to play on Steam Early Access, with the goal of leaving Early Access in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in The Waylanders Early Access Roadmap.
- Developer Echtra Games and publisher Perfect World Entertainment have announced the third location of the final act for Torchlight 3 Echonok, which came to Steam Early Access on June 30th.
- Echonok has been unveiled as the location for the third and the final act for Torchlight 3. It continues the frontier saga, adding further story, new places to explore, and a number of challenging dungeons.
- These new dungeons bring with it bosses, enemies and Echonok-themed loot.
- As players continue their adventure, they will explore Echonok to put a stop to the Netherim, while having the chance to seek loot in the ancient halls of the Dwarves.
- Discover the peaks of Mt. Echonok, home to the bird-like machine hybrid Voltura who will do anything to defend their home.
- Torchlight 3 is currently available on Steam Early Access.
For more on this news find it here in Torchlight III New Content Echonok Releases June 30th.
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom recently announced that the the fourth free title update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne would be releasing this July, they have now pinned down the release date which is July 9th.
- To celebrate the update release you can gain daily bonuses by simply logging during the set times in the run up to the update, from July 3rd to July 10th. Login rewards include Expect, Blaze, Stream, Frost, Bolt, Dragon and Attack Jewel+.
- More good news, if you haven’t pick up Monster Hunter World yet you can now grab it for 34% off in the Steam Summer Sale, that’s $19.79. There is also 25% off for the Monster Hunter World Iceborne expansion, that’s $29.99.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Free Title Update 4 Releases July 9th.
Anima: Song From The Abyss
- Anima Project the developer has announced an Action-RPG based on the Anima: Beyond Fantasy tabletop game, called Anima: Song from the Abyss. There have been three other titles in the Anima series of video games which include Anima: Ark of Sinners, Anima: Gate of Memories and Anima: Gate of Memories – The Nameless Chronicles.
- The upcoming entry will follow the disappearance of most of the crew which causes the imperial zeppelin to dive into chaos. An unknown threat is onboard, with the last of the Heaven Order being a knight who must protect the cargo. Accidentally releasing a witch who was imprisoned in the aftifact aboard, the witch offers the knight a chance for salvation if he helps discover how she befell this fate of being locked away.
- Song from the Abyss is set in the world of Gaia, a well known roleplaying title under the franchise Anima: Beyond Fantasy. In this Action-RPG you will take control of two characters, and discover a world of mysteries. There is a fluid combat system plus a deep story.
- Anima: Song from the Abyss will release on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X. No release date has been announced as of yet.
For more on this news find it here in Anima: Song From The Abyss Announced For PS5, Xbox Series X, Current Gen Consoles And PC.
- CD Projekt Red this week shared they won’t be going ahead with the game mechanic wall running in Cyberpunk 2077. The news was shared by Max Pears in an interview with Game Reactor.
- According to the article, wall running which would have given players new ways to see the city was scrapped due to “design reasons”.
- However Pears assures fans that there will still be plenty of flexibility when it comes to how you move in-game.
- Recently Cyberpunk 2077 was announced to be delayed for the second time, the developer moved its release date to November 19th this year, pushing it closer to the next-gen launches.
- Are you still excited for Cyberpunk 2077? Is it your predicted GOTY? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Wall Running Feature Scrapped Due To “Design Reasons”.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows:
#Top #RPG #News #Week #July #5th #Cyberpunk #Monster #Hunter #World #Anima #Song #Abyss